Thursday, January 31, 2008

Auditions: Miami









Well, American Idol went to Miami and this was one of the more boring cities we've seen. Here's how it went down.

First up was Shannon who works for her parents at a meat market. Okay...that's pretty nasty. Imagine taking her on a date and seeing raw chopped meat caught in her finger nails? Gross. She comes in with this green and pink outfit, with these pink things on her hands and this black stupid thing on her head. I'm not sure what she was trying to do but she looked like 80's cheese. This girl thought she was gonna do great because she's been singing since she was young. Well, I've been playing basketball since I was young and do you see me in the NBA? I hated this girl from the second she walked in and I was hoping the judges would make her cry more than they did to give her a reality check. I'm sure she was crushed when they gave her the axe. Well Shannon, it's back to singing into your hair brush and blow dryer in front of the mirror for you !

Next there was Robbie who used to be in a boy band but changed his image to a rocker. I actually liked his voice. Yeah, it was a bit AJ Gill from Season 1 but if they clean up this guy's image and do something with his cheesy hair, he could find a spot in the Top 24 if he's lucky.

Then there was Ghaleb. No, not the Ghalib that is "dating" Britney. I'm talking about a different tool. This guy has a painful accent and so wants to be Marc Anthony but all I can think of when this guy sings is him and a few other Venezuelans on a street corner begging for money while playing music. This guy is gonna go as far as a I am from my computer monitor...and that's NOT far.

Then we get Brittany and Corliss, this year's Mandisa. Why they advanced to Hollywood is beyond me. I guess they have a quote to fill.

Next up is Suzanne Toon. The only reason I remembered her last name as it was the same name as all time GREAT NY Jets receiver Al Toon. I'm not sure if there is any relationship but I loved seeing the last name. This girl was blonde and cute and we have a bunch of those already but she has the sob story that goes with it so this girl could stick around. Toooooooooooooooooon !

One of my favorite girls of the night was Ramiele. Ryan did the comparison of Phillippino Jasmine Trias who somehow wound up in 3rd place in that WEAK season #3. This girl is SO much better than Jasmine and didn't audition with the full mouth of braces either. I like this girl and she is definitely top 24 material. Her voice is strong and she has a unique look to her. Plus, how many Phillippino pop stars are out there? None ! So, maybe she could be the first OR maybe there will never be a Phillippino pop star. Or, maybe I just like saying the word "Phillippino."

The next day began with another of my favorites - Syesha. She had that Nadia Turner look to her from either Season 4 or 5. They give her this whole background story on her drug addict dad that has recovered. Mostly, these back stories relate to Top 24 and she had a nice voice. She should drop her last name of Mercado and just be Syesha. Hey...it worked for Trenyce from season 2.

Remember the show American Juniors? Pathetically, my wife and I watched that show and in came Julie Dubela. This was 4 years ago so next year, more of the kids will be eligible to try out. This girl was bitter and boring and not nearly as good as she thought she was. Awwwww...do you want a tissue Julie? So sad...buh bye !

Finally, there was Brandon Black. The second he walked in, I knew he was gonna be awful. So, I'm not wasting any more of your reading time talking about this clown.

I think one more night of auditions to go before the Hollywood Round. I'm over this nonsense already. Let the competition begin. Birdman out !

No comments: