Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Top 8 Girls Perform


It was the biggest night of their lives with two more girls going home this week to get us our top 6 girls. And guess what happened? They killed Corey Haim. The singing was so bad that they made him take more drugs than he normally would have taken and there ya go...he's dead. And I'm sure he wasn't the only one who killed himself last night after listening through this. I was just glad that it was only one hour.

So, here's how it went:

Katie started of the show with the ultimate NO NO singing a former Idol's hit song in Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway." Katie's version was quite different where as Kelly turned it into a hit song, Katie turned it into a utter mess. Yeah, she's young and she did listen to the judges to pick a younger song but this wasn't the song to pick. Her voice was all over the place. I needed to breakaway from the TV after hearing how the show started.

So, I was hoping that the show would get better with Siobhan singing "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals. The judges stated that she didn't have a big moment like last week. However, they should have said that she didn't have ANY moment. It was painfully boring. I was ready to put needles into my eyeballs while watching this. Some people think this girl is great. I personally think she is greatly overrated. Who's running to the local music store to buy the Siobhan debut besides her cousins?

Up next is Lacey looking like Pat Benetar and singing Brandi Carlile's "The Story." And that was exactly what it was. She was up there telling a story instead of singing a story. This sing/talk thing that these contestants keep on doing has become annoying. We first saw it last year with Megan Joy and she stank. Now, everyone is going that sing/talk route and it's just not good. Unfortunately, based on the judges comments, she may be around as they thought it was one of her best performances. I must need a hearing aid.

Next up we get my gal Katelyn with her bushy hair going with Carole King's "I Feel The Earth Move." I would have liked a better song as it was a bit cheesy for what she was supposed to be doing but what I like about this girl is that when she does pick the right song, she can sing. It may not have been her best performance last night and I hope not her last but song choice is key for this girl who can go much further if she plays her cards right. Still, last night's mess was better than most of the other contestants as far as I was concerned.

Another sing/talker had her turn in Didi going with Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon." Not one of my favorite songs and the talk singing is really annoying me. However, the judges claim she did a much better job than she's been doing. This is what you call a "judges save." They want to have the best Top 6 girls and by giving her positive comments helps sway the votes for her to give some of the worse girls less votes thus eliminating them. She really wasn't nearly that good and what the judges like as well as people calling in is that she's pretty and gets the good look vote. That's all. She really can not sing. That's for shit sure. Kara said it was her "favorite moment all season." So, she's basically told us that we've been watching crap for the last few months.

Paige, "I Look Like LT" Miles is up next going with Charlie Chaplin's "Smile" and the second she started singing, all "smiles' in the audience went to frowns. Holy crap. A terrorist should use this performance and play it over and over when they capture a hostage. That would the worst torture ever. I don't know what else to say about this except, "Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na...Hey Hey Hey...GOOD-BYE !"

Finally, it's Crystal's turn. She goes with "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman and was the first and only one of the night to nail it. She's comfortable with the guitar. She's comfortable on stage. She's maybe not comfortable in the dentist chair but the porcelain veneers are coming...I promise ! And this girl can flat out sing and change up a song and make it her own. She's really the only girl worth of continuing based on the evening's performances.

And then comes Lilly to end the show. I thought, "on no...she's gonna do a good job since she's last." However, she went the talk/sing route and destroyed Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces." I've been watching Idol since the beginning and it's been VERY rare, I could probably count on one hand, how many times I've fast forwarded a performance. And mid-way through Lilly's performance, I couldn't stand it any longer and hit the FF button. I needed to get to the end. The judges thought she didn't have any "wow factor". That's an understatement. There wasn't ANY factor in the song. It was just painfully boring. I think I'd rather read Shakespeare than hear this again and I can't freggin' stand Shakespeare.

So, that was our crappy show. Paige is a lock to go home. I'm guessing the other will be Katie. Who knows. Who really cares. Surly not Corey Haim.

Until the boys, Birdman Out.

2 comments:

sunnynights68 said...

I don't care what you say, Birdman, I think Siobhan has a cool vibe and I think she'll go pretty far in this competition. I also like Lily, I love her voice. Of course, Crystal is the best of all the girls.

Unknown said...

You crack me up every week. I even have my Mom reading your blog. Keep it up. I'm so glad you write this blog for my comic relief on the day after the show.