Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Early Predictions



Okay, we hit Hollywood last night. There were many good performances and there are probably a bunch of good people we haven't seen yet but you would tend to think that the people we know already are locks for the Top 24. But, it would be too easy to predict the Top 24. So, I'm going right for the Top 12. I think the boys are a bit stronger this year. Here's my early picks:

THE GIRLS:
1. Carly Smithson: She's the Irish tattooed chick that reminds me a bit of Gina Glocksin.
2. Kristi Lee Cooke: She's the really pretty girl who was my really early pick to win it all. She could be this year's smarter version of Kellie Pickler.
3. Amanda Overmyer: She's the rocker chick this year with the Melissa Ethridge voice. She reminds me of a rougher Nikki McKibbin.
4. Sayesha Mercado: She is the black girl with the bushy big hair. Basically, this year's Nadia Turner.
5. Asia'h Epperson: Her father recently died. I bet she drops her last name like Treynece and Fantasia.
6. Brooke White: She's never seen an R rated movie before. She's a basic blonde with a Carole Kingish voice. She's on the bubble and could easily be replaced by someone we don't even know yet.

THE BOYS:
1. David Archuleta: He's the teenage heart throb. Girls will love him. He's already won Jr. Star Search. If he doesn't win, I could see him in High School Musical: The Next Generation
2. Michael Johns: He's the Australian rocker. He reminds me a bit of Ace Young but much better.
3. Josiah Leming: He lives in a car and sings with a British voice. He's my dark horse this year. There's something I like about him.
4. David Cooke: I'm glad he took the red out of his hair. He really doesn't remind me of anyone but he has great pipes. He was an early favorite of mine.
5. David Hernandez: He's the Latino stud. I see a cross between Phil Stacey and Joshua Gracin.
6A/6B. A Tie: Kyle Ensley, the dork who wants to be president. He's this year's Kevin Covias / John Stevens / and a bit of Clay Aiken but nearly as good. He's tied with Danny Noriega who looks a bit like a girl, has a good voice, but I can't stand this kid. He irritates me the same way that Mikalah Gordon and Paris Bennet did.

So, let's see tonight who makes the Top 24. Then, I'm picking my Top 5 !

Until then...Birdman Out !

No comments: