Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Season 6: Top 8 Guys


Well, last night was painful to listen to the final 8 guys sing. This season is starting to remind me of Season 3 when we had the weakest Top 3 of Fantasia, Diana DeGarmo, and Jasmine Trias. Based on what my ears have been hearing so far, this could be another ugly ride. So, here is how it went down:

Blake Lewis was up first singing "All Mixed Up" by 311 who I never heard of. I thought his vocals were horrible in the beginning but then it got a bit better. I liked his rap / reggae tone to the song. It was a good way to start the show but his performanc

Sanjaya Malakar was next and in his segment he showed us that he was able to hula dance. Ewwwww. Come on dude. Do you have a penis? If yes, then act like it. It was so freaky and his hair...what the hell did he do. Maybe this dude is a she-male. He sung "Waiting On The World To Change." I think that was a John Mayer song but I'm not 100% sure. He was very nasal and it was really weak. It was a much better performance that he had the prior week but it was still beyond bad.

Sundance Head hit the stage and was singing "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam. This was a really bad cover band in a college bar performance. And, Simon used the same "bar" reference so at least I had some backup on this one. Half of the song was yelled and the other half was weak vocals. It was just like some drunk yelling. He did, however, end the song pretty good which could save him from elimination.

Chris Richardson turn was up. This guy is so cheezy to me. He SO wants to be Justin but he is SO not even close. He sung "Tonight I Wanna Cry" by Mr. Nicole Kidman aka Keith Urban. To me, it sounded like Peter Brady in the episode when his voice cracked singing "Time To Change." Hey Chris...it's time to change from an amateur singing to a good singer. As far as I'm concerned, they should eliminate an extra person of two tonight and this guy should be on that list.

Mr. Jared Cotter, oooh ooooh, Mister Cotter, was up next doing Stevie Wonder's "If You Really Love Me." I believe Elliot Yamin performed it last year which I didn't love but I also think that Justin Guarini did this song in Season 1 and did a great job at it. However, Jared did ok. I had fun listening to the song and I thought it was a great song choice. I thought he was the best to go so far in the evening but that is not saying much.

Then came Brandon Rogers. He's lucky he has a good look to him or he's be long gone. He sung "I Just Want To Celebrate" and again, no clue who it was by. He sort of looked last night like he should have been one of the friends on What's Happening - not Roger or Rerun, the other friend. Can't think of his name right now. Anyway, this was his best performance in a few weeks but it still was nothing special. He had a Lenny Kravitz tone to his voice so maybe he's slowly stepping up his game. But, it was OK. I give it a C+ / B-.

Second to last was Phil Stacey who sung "I Need You" by Leanne Rimes. Yes, you heard me right...Leanne Rimes. Dude...what the HELL are you doing singing a song by a female country artist. He has a much better voice than he showed last night...I think. Where did his voice go? His voice was horrible from the first note to the last and what made it worse was that he was wearing this stupid looking hat. Dude...what happened !

Finally, there was the awkward looking Chris Sligh singing "Wanna Be Loved" by ???. He is probably the only singing worth getting anyone's votes last night. Definitely the best performance of the night but again, that's not saying much.

Based on last night, really the only two people that are TOTALLY safe are Blake and Chris. The other 6 guys are all vulnerable. I'm saying Sanjaya and Chris Richardson goes home. But, with all these morons in this country voting for Sanjaya, who really knows. All I have to say is that I hope the girls are better tonight. Birdman Out.

No comments: