Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Season 6: Top 7 Perform


At first, I was pissed off that we were going to go from Latino week to country week with Martina McBride as the coach, but ya know what, it was better than I thought; however, it was still not good for some of the singers. Here's how it played out:

Phil Stacy kicks off the show singing "When The Black Top Ends" by Keith Urban. First of all, I liked his cheesy outfit for the song he was singing. I'm not a Phil fan but he actually pulled off this country song. Looking at this egg head, who would know that he should be signing country songs. I actually enjoyed the performance, the dancing, the stage presence, etc... He definitely saved his ass with this performance.

My favorite, Jordin Sparks, was up next singing "Broken Wing" by Martina McBride. Yeah, singing a song by the coach as a slight ass-kissing effect to it but I didn't mind. The song started out good and then half way through the song she took it to another level. The song was perfectly done. It's shaping up like a Sparks vs. Doolittle finale. And, I'm sticking with my early prediction that Jordin Sparks will be the next American Idol and it now looks like Cowell is joining my bandwagon.

Following this performance was Mr. Sanjaya Malakar. He sung a song that I loathe - "Somethin' To Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt. First of all, Sanjaya, wearing a bandana over his head, looked like a cross between a cleaning lady and a bus boy in a night club. It was really creepy. And the singing was really bad. He couldn't have picked a more Keroke-like song. And, if you are going to go into the audience and sing, you need to have a better voice. I actually didn't think it was his worst performance but the whole thing is turning into a major joke already. We are coming down the home stretch on this season so Sanjaya time is ticking. However, I don't think he'll go home this week yet.

Next up was LaKisha Jones signing Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take The Wheel." First of all, you should NOT sing a hit song from a prior Idol contestant. That is just stupid. You need to separate yourself from a prior contestant. Secondly, she didn't show the knockers this week. I think the cleavage should have come out a bit more to help her with votes because she'll need them this week after this horrific performance. I was singing in my head "Jesus, Give Me Earplugs." What the hell was she doing? It was near unlistenable to. It was out of tune and it totally didn't work for her voice. Plus, I hated her gold boots. Her legs looked like C3-PO. Lakisha is in a bit of trouble.

Chris Richardson followed singing "Mayberry." This is up there with one of the worst performances ever in Idol History. The song was sung entirely thru his nostrils and sounded like he was whining like a kids and he squeaked his way through the song. Plus, the dancing and head movements made me want to crack my own neck. Chris basically has gotten this far because little girls think he's cute. But, now with the field getting tight, people need to see that this guy can not sing. If he thinks he's going to have a career in music, he better brace for being poor his entire life.

Melinda Doolittle sung next. She chose "Trouble Is A Women". And yes, she sung it very well. It was one of her best performances. And the stylists are making her look a bit less squished together. She's still funny looking but she can sing. I wish she had nicer teeth. Maybe some dentist will give her the Elliot Yamin treatment before releasing her first CD.

Finally, Blake ends the show singing "When The Stars Go Blue" by Tim McGraw. It was horrendous. It was out of tune and his performance was boring. He didn't dance, beat box, or do much except go through the motions of singing this beyond boring son. It's crunch time and he surely crunched.

So, let's say Sanjaya stays. The bottom 3 are: Lakisha, Chris, and Blake. I think Blake goes back to the chairs leaving Lakisha and Chris. And I hope and pray that it is Chris that gets the boot. See ya next week.

Birdman out.

No comments: