Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Season 6: Top 9 Perform


Well, I'm back from vacation and it seems that the singing on American Idol this year is still on vacation. I'm starting to think that the judges are making good comments on bad performances so they don't look as stupid this late in the game because they are the ones that basically put these people in the Top 24 to begin with. Anyway, here's how Tony Bennett night went down:

Blake Lewis was first to hit the stage singing "Mack The Knife." I think Blake is a good performer but if you actually don't look at him perform and just listen to the singing, it really isn't that good. His voice is not strong at all. He does a decent job but Whoop De Freggin' Doo ! This guy is going to go deep but would you shell out $14.99 for a Blake Lewis CD? If people aren't buying Taylor Hick's CD, no one will buy this guy's crap.

Next up was Phil Stacy singing "Night And Day." Phil has really gone down hill as far as I'm concerned. His voice is weak and when he belts the power part, its not even that strong. He so tries to sound like Clay but he sounds a bit more like Michael Sandecki (that weird Clay wannabee guy). Phil, Phil, Phil...not good man. Not even close! Paula even said that Phil reminds her of Frank Sinatra. She must be deaf. It's more like Frank Snot.

Our resident dwarf Melinda Doolittle is up next singing "I've Got Rhythm" which is a great song choice. I actually enjoyed her performance. She sung the song good and they made her look better than normal. But when I look at her, it's a head on a shoulder with a missing neck. Then, there is a short space of chest before a bust with a belt right under that with her legs. She's missing sections of her body - The next and the waist. It's really awkward to look at. Yes...she's a good singer but there is NO sex appeal. I can't see her actually selling CDs.

Wannabee Chris Richardson followed with "Don't Get Around Much Anymore." He came down the stairs like he was going to go into some Michael Jackson dancing but really was just clapping his hands and strutting a bit. If you are gonna start out a performance in a MJ pose, then you better break out some dance moves. The difference between Chris and Blake is that Blake can perform and Chris doesn't have a clue. He looks ridiculous up there trying to think he's the lead in a boy band. Well...maybe he'll be in a boy band, one that performs for local Bar Mitzvahs. His voice is terrible despite what the judges say. I just don't get this act at all.

Next up was Jordin Sparks. She sang "On A Clear Day." She sung it nice until the end. Then, she really WOW'd me. I've said it from the beginning that she will WIN AI6 and she is starting to prove me correct. I don't think she's as strong as some of the singers in the past - Kelly, Carrie, Latoya, Tamayra, and Vonzell, but in this year's crop, she's at the top !

Then came Gina Glocksen who was a visual nightmare. She sang "Smile" and watching the performance, all I could do was frown. Her image was all wrong. I didn't like the hair on her. I didn't like her dress. I didn't like her makeup. I didn't like her stockings. I hate those netted stockings. It's too S&Mish for me. Gina should be more hard and edgy. Not sure what she was trying to do but it didn't work for me. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever heard but it wasn't her best. She was so much better last week. She could be on the bubble this week.

Okay, it was now Sanjaya time. He "sang" a song called "Cheek To Cheek." It was more like butt cheek to porcelain bowl because his performance, pardon the French, was shit. What else can you say anymore? It doesn't matter. He's not gonna be in the bottom 3 again as the country is calling in votes for him in droves. Imagine if Sanjaya won this season? If that happened, American Idol would have officially jumped the shark. What the hell was he wearing? It was like a Tony's jacket in Saturday Night Fever and his hair was all slicked back. Ewwwwww. It's creepy. Plus, he went into the audience and danced with Paula. If you walk thru the audience to do that, you MUST have a better voice. I'm actually embarrassed for him watching his creepy performances.

Following the train wreck was Haley Scarnato. Haley sung "Ain't Misbehavin." Her vocals weren't great but it wasn't her worst performance. What I liked was that she is showing her legs. Hell, if you can't sing it, flaunt it. She's be long gone if she hadn't started showing skin the last 3 weeks. The problem with this performance was that nobody cares. I'm mostly quiet during the performances and in the middle of her singing, we actually were talking about things other than her singing. It is were really good, I would have kept my mouth shut and focused on her singing. I've said it before, she is this year's Julia DeMato, but with legs.

Ending the show was LaKisha Jones. She sang "Stormy Weather." This girl is one gigantic tit that sings. I'm mesmerized by the size of her melons. She sang the song very good as it was not a copy cat performance. Am I blown away by LaKisha? Hell no. Is she a good singer? Yes. Will I vote for her? No. Will she win this year's competition? I hope not.

So, that leaves the bottom 3. Hmmmmmm. Let's say Sanjaya is safe even though he deserves to be in the bottom. My bottom 3 would be: Gina, Phil, and Haley with Phil going home. I'd love to be wrong and have Chris in the bottom but I think horny teenage girls are giving him the "cute" vote. Yuck.

We'll see what happens. Birdman Out

No comments: