Thursday, March 5, 2009

3 More Advance...Wild Cards Announced...



So, we now have 9 out of 12 picked already. Last night Lil Rounds, Scott MacIntyre, and Jorge Nunez advanced.

Now, let's look back to see how my predictions panned out.

Back On February 12th, before the Top 36 even sang, I predicted that this would be the top 12:
1. Danny Gokey - CORRECT
2. Scott MacIntyre - CORRECT
3. Lil Rounds - CORRECT
4. Adam Lambert - CORRECT
5. Anne Maria Boscovich - WRONG
6. Michael Sarver - CORRECT
7. Matt Giraud (he's my dark horse and could get better each week) - WILD CARD COMPETITOR
8. Alexis Grace - CORRECT
9. Anoop Desai - WILD CARD COMPETITOR
10. Kristen McNamara - WRONG
11. Brent Keith - WRONG
12. Jackie Tohn - WRONG
(Note: I don't fee as confident with the girls picks as I do with the guys picks)
The Early Pick For The Finals: Gokey vs MacIntyre

So, 6 of the 12 are correct and I have a shot to get two more so not terrible before hearing them sing.

Now, let's see how I did right after each group sang.

After Group 1 sang, I picked Gokey and Alexis Grace. For the third person, I said it was a tossup between Sarver, Anoop, and Rickey Braddy. Sarver made it and now Anoop and Braddy both have a chance to make it via the Wild Card so that's P.D.G. - Pretty Damn Good.

After Group 2 sang, I picked Lambert, Kris Allen, and Allison Iraheta and all three made it. That's what you call 100%.

After Group 3 sang, I picked MacIntyre, Lil Rounds, and Jorge Nunez. Another A+ for the Birdman.

The funny thing is that most of my friends tell me that my taste in music sucks. But, I guess I have a knack for picking winners and losers, except when it comes to the NFL when I just pick losers. But, that's a whole different story.

Then they were announcing the Wild Card. I was SO upset that my prediction didn't come true that they were going to bring back Jamal Rogers and the Osmond boy. Okay, so, I f**ked up with calling that one...sue me.

Then, we find out that they are only picking 8 people to compete for the Wild Cards as opposed to the 12 that they had made us believe. The wild card contestants are:
- Von Smith - Compared to Clay Aiken's voice but I don't think it's even close.
- Jasmine Murray - If she sings like she did last week, she doesn't have a chance.
- Ricky Braddy - He had no screen time but was one of my favorites from Group #1
- Megan Corkrey - She annoys me but the Judges love her.
- Tatiana Del Toro - This was all the producers pick to create tears and more annoying drama.
- Matt Giraud - I love this guy and hope he is better than he was a week ago when he screwed up.
- Jesse Langseth - The jury is still out. She's basically average at best.
- Anoop Desai - Everyone loves Anoop Dawg.

So, going into the Wild Card, each week, it's been 2 guys and 1 girl advancing making it 6 guys to 3 girls. I had originally thought we would have 12 wild cards with each judge picking one person to actually give us a Top 13 but now that there are only 8 singing, picking four would mean that half of them would make it so I don't think that will happen anymore. So, that would mean we need to pick 3 to advance. I'm wondering if they are going to try and even it out, girls to guys by picking 2 girls and 1 guy to make it more balanced but I really think it should be all guys tonight. I would like it to be Anoop, Giraud, and Braddy. However, Braddy could get lost in the shuffle as the judges love this Corkrey chick for some reason. As long as it's not Tatiana, I'll be happy if it's Corkrey over her.

Well...at least tonight it will be set. I'm ready for the Top 12 to begin and to get ready of half of these people. Official predictions come out in 24 hours. Stay tuned.

Until then...Birdman Out.

No comments: