Thursday, March 19, 2009

Alexis Gets The Boot


So, the Bottom 3 were Allison Irritating, Michael Sarver, and Alexis Grace. I was not happy that Megan wasn't in the Bottom 3 but her time will come. Alexis was sent home a bit premature as she is much better of a singer than Allison, Michael, and Megan. But, what can ya do. We finally have at Top 10.

On March 11th, before the Top 13 began, I went with the following as my top 5 while declaring Gokey the winner.
1. Danny Gokey
2. Lil Rounds
3. Adam Lambert
4. Scott MacIntyre
5. Matt Giraud

Based on this past week's performance, I'm going to keep my Top 5 the same but tweak the order a bit. I think Adam and Lil took a slight step backwards and Matt is picking up steam. So, I'm going to slightly change the order of the Top 5 to:
1. Danny Gokey
2. Matt Giraud
3. Scott MacIntyre
4. Adam Lambert
5. Lil Rounds

I know...you must think I'm crazy having Blind Guy up so high. This guy is really go far especially now that country week is out of the way.

So, I went back to see my original thoughts of these 5 individuals based on their early auditions to see what I wrote:

Danny Gokey - Posted January 15, 2009 (Kansas City Auditions):
However, his best friend, Danny Gokey, stole the show. Right when they said he had lost his wife four weeks ago, I was praying that this guy could sing. Right when he belted "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", that was it. He was the best person we've heard so far this season. I'm not calling him the winner yet; but this guy, if he can hold his emotions together could easily make the TOP 5 if not win it all. Yup...he's really that good. Plus, he got the sympathy vote as well.

Matt Giraud - Posted January 22, 2009 (Louisville Auditions):
After a montage of some pathetic souls, out came Matt Giraud, the dueling piano player. Supposedly, he taught himself how to play piano four years ago with out a lesson. This guy was one of my favorites for all the audition episodes so far. If he improves his personality, he could go deep. I'm looking forward to see what he can really do while singing with a piano. But, this guy could be a dark horse this season. Then, back on February 12th I wrote "Matt Giraud (he's my dark horse and could get better each week) - WILD CARD COMPETITOR."

Adam Lambert - Posted January 21, 2009 (San Francisco Auditions):
Then came Adam Lambert who had a David Cookish kind of look to him. He also looked a bit like Jerry O'Connell dressed as Fall Out Boy. This guy had personality so you knew he was going to have decent pipes. He chose to sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" and did a great job. Yeah, I agree with Simon that it was a bit Broadway but I liked it. They'll fix him up a bit and little girls will love him. I think he is a lock to make the Top 5 and could even go further depending on how he chooses to portray himself - a rock star or a Broadway star.

Scott MacEntyre - Posted January 14, 2009 (Phoenix Auditions):
Finally, Phoenix ended with Scott MacEntyre, aka The Blind Guy. Ray Charles is dead. Stevie Wonder can't sing well anymore. I can't stand Andrea Bochelli. So, I'm ready for the new breed in B.M.T. - Blind Musical Talent. Scott sings Billy Joel's "And So It Goes" and nailed it. And, this guy is also a piano man so once he gets to Hollywood and sits behind a piano, he'll sound even better as that is where he feels most comfortable. I'm totally rooting for this guy and I think he can make it DEEP into the Top 10 for sure.

Lil' Rounds - Posted January 15, 2009 (Kansas City Auditions):
Finally, the show ended with Lil Rounds. She has an interesting name but a great voice. Randy compared her to Fantasia but this girl is a combination of Tamayra, Latoya, Vonzell and Jordan (Sparks). Look for Idol to fix up her image and glide into the Top 12. She could wind up being the strongest female in the competition.

Huh...I'm actually pretty impressed with my comments. I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket so Birdman Out.

No comments: