Thursday, March 12, 2009

And Then There Were 11


Idol started out with Ryan giving us the new rule - the judges save. They show us pictures of Tamyra Gray, Michael Johns, Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry and Ryan asks us what they have in common. The answer was that they were prematurely let go from the show. So, to prevent something like this from happening, there is a one time save rule where the judges can save one person with the judges decision being unanimous. Also, the save can only be made up until the Top 5. First of all, Michael Johns dismissal wasn't really a shocker. And Tamyra Gray and Chris Daughtry were eliminated in the #4 spot so they couldn't even have been saved anyway. I guess that was a BIG flub by the people who put this rule together. They should have showed a picture of Constantine Maroulis who was beat by Scott Savol and Anthony Federov. That night, Constantine could have gotten the save. Then, last year, instead of Michael Johns, they could have shown Carly Smithson who lost out to Jason Castro, Brooke White, and Syesha Mercado. That would be another good spot to make the save.

Yesterday I had predicted:
So, let's see who's the bottom three. I would have to go with Jasmine Murray, Megan Corkrey, and Jorge Nunez. And if they do a bottom 4, I'm gonna add Allison Iraheta to the mix. I'm passing on Anoop as I think he has a fan base and the Anoop factor will come into play. So, going home will be Megan Corkrey and Jorge Nunez.

So, I had three of four knowing Allison Irritating was a reach. With Jasmine and Megan there, I really wanted Megan to go home but deep down, I knew it was going to be Jasmine for some reason. Megan is so annoying so I'm not sure how she squeaked by Jasmine but Megan time will come over the next week or so. Then, it was down to Annop and Jorge and the Anoop Factor came into play as Jorge got the boot.

Before the eliminations, I watched the performances again with my daughter as I promised she could see it. Here's her thoughts as I got to each singer:

1.) Lil - "I don't like her." (I had to fast forward thru her performance)
2.) Scott - "He's good...I like him." (She watched his full performance)
3.) Danny - She didn't say anything. (But she watched his full performance)
4.) Michael - "I don't like him." (I had to fast forward through him)
5.) Jasmine - "I like her." (We watched her full performance and then she wanted to watch it a 2nd time)
6.) Kris - "I don't like him too." (He got the fast forward treatment as well)
7.) Allison - "I like her hair. I don't like her." (So, luckily, I got to skip her performance)
8.) Anoop - "I don't like his face." (He got fast forwarded too)
9.) Jorge - "No...skip him." (Again, it was in fast forward mode)
10.) Megan - "Look...she has tatoos...grandma doesn't like tattoos" (I got stuck watching her two times)
11.) Adam - "He's nuts" (We watched him just once)
12.) Matt - "I like him" (We watched his full performance too)
13.) Alexis - "Her hair has pink in it" (We watched her full performance as well)

So, based on her watching full performances, her favorites were Scott, Danny, Jasmine, Megan, Adam, Matt, and Alexis. Unfortunately, I had to break the news to her this morning that Jasmine was sent home.

So, that's the scoop. Oh wait. Why is Kanye West famous? He really has ZERO talent. Or maybe I just don't get it.

Until next week, Birdman Out.

No comments: